Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rock-Paper-Scissors

Rose rearranged my desk again. I'm sure that once I find everything that it will make perfect sense to have it arranged that way. In the meantime, I can't find anything. Of course, it might be the Dreaming's way of telling me to stop working. Or Rose's...

She left her son's chemistry homework for me to proof. The boy is HOPELESS. And he makes the curse go haywire. At least his sisters know how to clean up the DDR pad before they leave. If I trip over another of his notebook's, I'm packing his ass up and sending him to Sylvan. I'll even pay for it myself to get him out of my hair.

I need a hair cut.

The trip to Appalachia was interesting. The Nanehi entertained RF and I with stories while we worked to cure the Bane Wind sickness. It was nice to be on the receiving end of thanks from the Nunehi rather than their ire. I get it, but you'd think they be more pissed off at the 'european' werewolves.

Speaking of which, I got to see a few Get of Fenris in their biggest form when that strange pack opened the story caern. Yeah, I can see how they would make awesome steeds.

Deirde decided that I have to plan one ceremony and she gets to plan the other. After losing rock-paper-scissors, I'm stuck with planning the Bonding. Note to self: Never play rock-paper-scissors against a seer. You will always lose. So I went to visit D's mother, the fay one. Thank the Dreaming, she remembered that D was her daughter and is happy to help with the arrangements. Hopefully, this means that she'll remember she's helping us when she can't remember anything else.

Guy has agreed to be my best man in both ceremonies. He's also been of more help to D than me. Typical. I've got a couple acquaintances in House Dougal working on a dress for D, a new set of armor for me, and jewelry. Yes. I know that giving her jewelry for the exchange is cliche, but I'm old fashioned and have no problem layering her in gold and jewels.

D wants a destination wedding. She's looking at Hawaii. Apparently, her mother, the other one, knows somebody and can get us a sweet deal on a group getaway. When D decides that we're doing this, I'm making her go to Hawaii to buy her dress. I'm NOT going to deal with the headache caused by a dress lost in luggage.

We haven't told her old man yet about the big news and her mom's been very good about keeping it under wraps. I'm taking him out fishing next week and I'll ask him if I can marry his daughter then.

Eleven months and counting.

I think I'm starting to grow wings again. I've got that weird itch in my back. It was seriously annoying the last time I had them. I can't actually fly and the damn things just got in the way. That's the most annoying part of the dream that makes me. Whatever goth culture thinks is cool at that moment drives certain elements of my appearance. I have a permanent set of fangs (thank you, Anne Rice) and my eyes glow now. As if I didn't look unsettling enough as it is. I'm so close to Winter that half of the youngin's mistake me for it when they run into me in the Dreaming. They better thank their lucky stars it's me and not a real Winter. They'd regret those filthy mouths real fast.

Of course, pissed off me isn't much better.

The local liege lord sent me to middle of nowhere Pennsylvania to patch up a bunch of morons who wanted to rush a Pentex facility. I get there and find out that 1) they're IOH, and 2) that strange pack was there to help. So we got to the facility and found it ransacked by members of the Inquisition.

*sigh*

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

They turned out to be all right, and managed to be something of a help when the shit hit the fan. Poor Knocker, he got a smack from the nun's ruler. Like the kid could help that he curses like a sailor.

No comments: